The rules around chlorothalonil use are changing.
As a result of the completed re-evaluation of chlorothalonil by the Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA), changes are coming that will affect how you mix, load, and apply all chlorothalonil-based products.
Effective May 11, 2020, label directions will apply to products formulated with chlorothalonil, including Bravo® ZN fungicide. New label directions include:
New requirements for:
- Closed handling and mixing in specified circumstances
- Additional personal protection equipment
- Defined re-treatment intervals (RTI)
- Vegetative filter strips
Revised and updated:
- Number of applications permitted
- Buffer zone requirements
- Restricted entry intervals (REI) for certain activities
- Hand harvesting of processing tomatoes
- Application through irrigation systems on strawberries and cucurbits
What else is changing?
As a result of the re-evaluation of chlorothalonil, Bravo 500 and Ridomil Gold® SL/Bravo Twin‑Pak™ fungicides will be discontinued.
The last day for retailers to sell these products is May 10, 2020.
The last day for growers to apply these products is May 10, 2021. After this time, disposal of these products will be the responsibility of the product owner.
Upon request, Syngenta can provide you with information and contacts for disposal. Please contact our Customer Interaction Centre at 1-87-SYNGENTA (1-877-964-3682) for assistance.
Always read and follow label directions. Bravo®, Ridomil Gold®, Twin‑Pak™, and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company. © 2019 Syngenta.